Consider the need, purpose, and the type of team you are trying to build. Is the team a NWG (Natural Work Group), High Performance Team, Project Team, Self-Directed Teams, etc.? Whatever the primary label, recognize there are common ‘characteristics’ and ‘behaviors’ that are critical to an effective team who delivers results.
- Agree on the reason the team exists within the organization and the work of the team you are trying to build for them to deliver on their scope of work.
- Regardless of the type of team you are trying to build. Leadership must nurture and Involve members in a collaborative and motivational work environment in which the team can flourish.
- Build consensus on critical success factors which include: purpose, mission, objectives, key performance metrics, and a set of operating principles.
- Higher quality decisions and solutions at the lowest levels of the organization.
- Complete the right work, the right way, at the right time.
- Improved relationships, work environment, and morale.
- Solve problems that are meaningful to the people, organization, and business.
- Improve performance and deliver tangible and sustainable results.
Ask about our solution for building your teams.
“The Art of Building Effective Teams”
… Achieving RESULTS through TEAMWORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Please contact me and let’s discuss your needs and how best to satisfy them by positioning your people to contribute as you never realized they could. I would appreciate hearing from you and your thoughts and ideas about this topic.