Have you ever struggled with how to create a productive and successful team who has been given responsibility to complete a significant and valuable project for improving the business performance? If a project team is not founded on a set of fundamental principles and practices, the risk of project failure is significantly increased. Not to mention the morale and spirit of the members of the team.
To enhance the probability of success for the business and the team members, consider these ‘ingredients’ in your ‘recipe’ for creating a Successful Project Team.
- A Shared and Meaningful Initiative
- Has meaning and purpose for the business and the individuals on the team
- There is ownership and value within the team members and the business for the work
- BHAG (Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal)
- Time based
- Role, Responsibilities, Accountabilities
- Understood and owned across all members
- Overall Collaborative Approach
- Common and leverageable tools and processes
- Complimentary KSA (Knowledge – Skills – Abilities)
- Collectively, the team members have the requisite KSA to complete the project
- Others, with specialized KSA, may be involved on an ad-hoc basis
- Include soft and hard KSA