The Challenge: How to motivate a person to WANT to learn?
- Understand what motivates adult learners.
- Everyone has different needs.
- Ability to recognize their ‘motivators’.
- Multiple motivators for each individual.
- Know our audience well enough.
Desired Outcome: Insight into key facilitation tools, practices, and principles to promote the desire to learn.
“I can’t motivate anyone. All I can do is create an environment in which the person can choose to be motivated.”
~ Rayford Jimerson
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS for FACILITATORS:
- Do we care enough!!!
- Are we fully utilizing known facilitation tools, practices, and principles that support the right learning environment:
- Exercises (Learn by Experimenting and Practicing)
- Learning Styles (Accommodating Natural Preferences)
- Learning Pyramid (Variety of Teaching Methods)
- Keeping it Relevant (Meaningful and Useful)
- What is your key insight / learning?
- How will you benefit from utilizing this information?
- Do you have a need for leadership coaching, improving your business performance, or developing your people? Please contact The KLM Group for a free consultation. We can help you create extraordinary results for your business.