A corporation needed to streamline costs and processes for developing, delivering, and maintaining functional skill development for about 25,000 operating and maintenance technicians. Overall training cost had to be reduced by 25%.
- Standardized job descriptions.
- Set of standardized competencies to support the roles.
- Curriculum to support development.
- Search and evaluate providers.
- Select preferred vendors based upon quality of offering, cost and ability to support leverageable solutions for all phases of development.
- Communication and implementation plan.
- Validate impact and quality of the solution.
Reduced cost of course development, delivery, and maintenance of course material by negotiating for reduced cost with providers primarily based upon volume and leverageability. Leveraged our existing internal training resources, reduced cost of material, and used a blended learning approach that required less classroom time. Overall costs were reduced by 35%.